Oxford Dictionary of English is a free software application from the Reference Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-12-29. The program can be installed on Android.
The leading and most trusted single-volume English dictionary is now available for FREE!
WHAT MAKES OXFORD DICTIONARY OF ENGLISH BETTER THAN OTHER DICTIONARIES?
• The most comprehensive coverage of English everywhere it’s spoken
• The very latest vocabulary, with over 350,000 words, phrases and meanings
• Thousands of words and sentences derived from the latest research of the Oxford English Corpus
• 75,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words, including words with controversial or variant pronunciations (Premium only)
The Oxford Dictionary of English is a mobile dictionary with content from Oxford University Press, with advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems.
Ideal for professionals, students, and academics, as well as anyone who needs a comprehensive and authoritative dictionary of current English at work or at home.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• *NEW* Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
Get even more with PREMIUM:
• Audio pronunciation - listen to how words are pronounced
• Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
• Priority support - get expedited support for any app-related issues
• No ads - no more in-app advertisements
* Includes small apps extension for Sony products *
Oxford Dictionary of English (version 7.1.191) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 5308 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.
Here you can find the changelog of Oxford Dictionary of English since it was posted on our website on 2013-08-23.
The latest version is 7.1.191 and it was updated on soft112.com on 2017-07-01.
See below the changes in each version:
posted on 2016-12-29
Version 7.1.191,Bug fixes,* Added Shortcut Items support for Android 7.1 - Camera, Voice Search, Dictionary,* Fixes as per user feedback